Doctoral Course on Advances in Biorefineries
The aim of the course is to provide an in-depth understanding of existing and novel biorefinery concepts.
In the first part, selected engineering fundamentals of biomass pretreatment and fractionation processes are reviewed and discussed. The second part provides an overview on the conversion routes of the isolated lignocellulosic components, thereby focusing mainly on lignin and hemicelluloses, into high value-added platforms, building blocks, intermediates and final products.
The aim of the course is to provide an in-depth understanding of existing and novel biorefinery concepts and the key-economic barriers and regulatory policies affecting commercial implementation of lignocellulose biorefineries.
- Lectures: 19-22 June, 2017
- Location: Aalto University, lecture hall L1, Vuorimiehentie 1, Espoo
- Course leader: Professor Herbert Sixta, Aalto CHEM
- Distinguished lecturers
- Aalto students: WebOodi
- Students in Finnish Universities: through JOO-system www.joopas.fi
- Students outside Finland: kindly contact Leena Hauhio, email@example.com
- Participants from industry (fee 500 euros): kindly contact Leena Hauhio, firstname.lastname@example.org